What is an eye emergency?
An eye emergency is anything that could immediately cause damage to your health or sight.
Different symptoms include:
- Sudden vision loss
- New visual disturbances, such as sudden blurred vision or flashes and floaters
- Sudden or severe eye pain
- Severe red or inflamed eyes
Eye emergencies can also include:
- Allergic eye reactions
- Chemical exposure
- Sudden impact to the eye or head
- Foreign bodies entering the eye
- Eye injuries, abrasions, or punctures
If you or someone you know is experiencing an eye emergency do not hesitate to seek professional medical care. At Carlson-Tillisch we treat eye emergencies as such and will schedule you for same-day services if we determine they are needed. If you are unsure if you are experiencing an eye emergency please call and we can help sort out the severity. If we are unavailable, and you are experiencing an eye emergency, go to the nearest emergency room.